With many of us working from home, interviewing candidates has become a challenge.
There are many video conferencing tools out there, but our favorite for video interviews is Roundee.
Roundee is a one-click video conferencing tool that works within the browser on desktops and mobile devices.
The free version of the tool allows you to create a personal meeting room link that you can share with many people and start video conferencing right away.
Key benefits of Roundee:
- It’s free, and it’s easy to sign up and use
- Your applicants will be able to conference in directly from their phones without having to download anything
- Your personal meeting link never changes, making it easy for you to schedule multiple interviews at once
Here’s a quick overview of how to get started using Roundee
Step 1: Create an Account
Go to Roundee.io and click “Get Started for Free” to create your account.
Step 2: Create your personal meeting room link
Once you’re signed up, you will be prompted to create your permanent & personal meeting room link.
Your applicants will always use the same link to join your room. Once your link is created, you can copy it and paste it into your interview invitations. Your candidates will be able to join the room at any time.
Step 3: Start your meeting
Once you’re ready to start your meeting, click “Enter room now” from the Roundee dashboard. This will start your video meeting.
Your applicants will be able to click the link in their email or calendar invitation and join on their phones with the click of a button!
Other video tools worth considering:
- Zoom - Zoom is the gold standard for video chat, but the free version is more limited. The paid version has many perks worth considering, but it is somewhat more difficult to use in bulk.
- Uber Conference - UberConference is free and easy to set up, but mobile video requires an app. If video is unimportant and you'd rather have an anonymous phone line, this is a great option.
- Google Hangouts - Google Hangouts is a free tool that is easy to use, but requires a Google account on both sides.